English UK South West
- to raise and enhance the profile of the region to anyone with an interest in the language travel business
- to organize marketing and sales initiatives to maintain and grow business for its members
- to encourage the maintenance and development of the highest professional standards in the teaching of English as a foreign language within the region
- to gain full advantage from our collective membership of English UK
- to lobby regional and national government and non-government organisations on behalf of the membership
The elected committee of English UK South West meets regularly and, together with the services of a part-time dedicated marketing assistant, achieves objectives through:
- the production and maintenance of this website showcasing the English language courses offered by members and the many and varied attractions of the south west as a study destination
- the organisation of an annual inward mission / FAM trips and workshops for agents
- the organisation of our annual conference offering CPD and networking opportunities for teachers, operations and management staff.
- joint tendering for large groups through a central booking point
- the organisation of outward missions abroad to visit agents as a group and promote the south west region at cost price
- organising bi-annual ‘Membership Plus’ meetings at member schools, allowing members to get together for a relevant training session and a further opportunity to network and share best practice
English UK South West plans to build on the already existing reputation of English in Devon, whose members have already successfully put in joint tenders for business and who have a solid reputation amongst agents worldwide.