English UK South West
English UK South West formed in May 2009 and is a voluntary affiliation of language centres. The association formed from English in Devon, itself one of the first regional associations for accredited language schools in the UK. All centres are accredited by the British Council and members of English UK. Since launch, membership has grown and already includes an excellent variety of different English language providers and courses in this beautiful area of the UK.
The objectives of English UK South West are:
• to raise and enhance the profile of the region to anyone with an interest in the language travel business
• to organize marketing and sales initiatives to maintain and grow business for its members
• to encourage the maintenance and development of the highest professional standards in the teaching of English as a foreign language within the region
• to gain full advantage from our collective membership of English UK
• to lobby regional and national government and non-government organisations on behalf of the membership
The elected committee of English UK South West meets regularly and, together with the services of a part-time dedicated marketing assistant, achieves objectives through:
• the production and distribution of a joint brochure
• the production and maintenance of this website showcasing the English language courses offered by members and the many and varied attractions of the south west as a study destination
• the organization of an annual inward mission / workshop for agents
• the organization of professional training days in subjects of common interest to its members such as teacher development and marketing
• joint tendering for large groups through a central booking point
English UK South West plans to build on the already existing reputation of English in Devon, whose members have already successfully put in joint tenders for business and who have a solid reputation amongst agents worldwide.